The Western CCFP-EM Portal is the single viewable site for all announcements and updates. Residents should continually check this website and the calendar herein for updates. Feel free to blog or write about your cases on this site and to post on our Facebook page.
Welcome to the new residents starting July 2016!
- For the new residents, all information will be available at orientation including access to the shared Google Drive which contains loads of information and an orientation manual.
- All rotations start according to the information you have from your program. Please check with Susan Pierson (email@example.com) for any updates on your schedules and if you are required to be available
- Upon arrival in London, please contact your Program Director with updated information regarding your cell phone contact and address.
- You may be required to start on service prior to the official orientation. Please check ahead to see if you are required to be on service. Official orientation is required time off from service call duties
- Teaching and rounds schedules have been distributed. Our teaching day is Thursday. This could be a full academic day or a half-day. Please check the google calendar on this website for up to date information
- There are no formal grand rounds during the summer. These usually take place from September to June. Instead, you will have “summer school” . The schedule is to be released.
- Thursday teaching is mandatory unless prior notification has been provided
- Thursday teaching usually starts at 8 am with chiefs rounds, peads rounds or PD rounds followed by grand rounds at 9 am and then core teaching at 10 am. This may continue into Tint/SIM core teaching depending on the day
- Whilst on Emergency Medicine at LHSC, you may be working with a preceptor. If you are scheduled with one of your official preceptors, it is important to let them know ahead of time as these shifts are to be conducted differently and the preceptor should have information and teaching utilities available on these shifts. Please check the Google Drive for your preceptor assignments.
- Further information will be provided at orientation.